Cold temperatures may be unbearable, and ordinary jackets won't keep you warm. If you are often out in the cold and decided to purchase a Dewalt Heated Jacket, you may be wondering how to wash it. Don't worry, you've come to the right place. We have researched to come up with a guide for you.
Washing a DeWalt Heated Jacket requires extra care compared to regular garments. This heated gear needs to be hand-washed and hung dry. Do not dry clean it.
Use a commercial liquid soap that is not too strong as it may damage the jacket's insulating features. Avoid bleaching the jacket. There is also no need for it to be soaked in fabric conditioner. Also, do not iron or press the jacket.
These are the general guidelines when washing your DeWalt Heated Jacket. Throughout this post, you'll learn more about the proper care of this gear for it to last long. We'll also provide you with more information about heated jackets as we go along. So, continue reading to get more details on this topic.
The Proper Care For A DeWalt Heated Jacket
Heated jackets are a lifesaver for those who work outside in cold conditions. Observe proper care and cleaning to keep your jackets for a long time.
As you know, these are no ordinary jackets and there are insulated components that may get damaged when wet. Before cleaning, make sure to remove the batteries to reduce the risk of electric shock. Be sure to follow the advice on the care label on the jacket too.
This jacket should not be machine washed even if your washing machine has a hand wash cycle. You should also not machine dry after washing. This may cause burning or even fire.
Instead, you should hand wash the jacket and then hang it to dry. Wringing the jacket is also not advisable. Moreover, you should not dry clean this heated jacket.
We recommend that you use a commercial liquid soap to wash the jacket. You should also not use fabric conditioners after washing.
Never use bleach or harsh detergents. Note that cleaning solvents can lessen the effect of the jacket's insulation.
This jacket does not need any ironing and pressing, so skip those. Doing so will affect the effectiveness of the insulation and, worse, it can damage the jacket too.
Dewalt Heated Jacket's Safety Guidance
A DeWalt Heated Jacket comes with several warnings for use. Do not ignore these for your safety. If you don't heed these guidelines, you're putting yourself at risk.
- Do not use the jacket if the inner lining is wet as there is a possibility of electric shock. Allow it to dry completely before wearing it.
- Consider the jacket dangerous if the power button does not turn on and off. If it does not work properly, discontinue use.
- Children, infants, persons with sensitivity to overheating, and persons with poor blood circulation should not wear this jacket.
- Consult your physician before wearing a heated jacket if you have any medical conditions or medications that can cause sensitivity to heat.
- If you feel any discomfort while wearing the jacket, turn its power off.
- Wear another layer of clothing underneath the heated jacket. The heating elements should not touch bear skin.
- Do not wear the jacket if any electrical wiring is pinched. Make sure that the wire will not be caught with the zipper.
- Never attach pins to the heated jackets because these can damage the electrical wiring.
- Do not use the jacket for operations different from what it is intended.
USB Power Source, Charger, And Battery Pack
- If the jacket is not heating, check the battery. It may need to be charged, or the battery may be inserted incorrectly.
- Only plug the heated jacket into a 12 V power jack on the USB power source.
- Do not allow the USB power source, charger, or battery to get wet.
- Ensure that the battery or power source pocket is zippered shut so it won't get wet if you get rained on.
- The USB power source is not intended for other uses except for charging small USB electronics.
- Avoid using the power source and charger if either was dropped or damaged.
- Never disassemble the power source. Additionally, never attempt to open the battery pack and charger.
- You can order replacement battery packs, but be specific with the catalog number and voltage.
- Do not force the battery pack into the charger.
- Use DeWalt designated chargers. Moreover, you should only charge DeWalt batteries in this charger.
- Do not charge the batteries near flammable liquids.
- The battery is a fire hazard. When carrying the battery pack, store it in a way that the exposed terminals are not touching metal objects. In addition, do not carry the battery with keys, or place it in a toolbox where it can come in contact with tools.
- Pull by the plug when disconnecting the charger from the power source. Never subject power cords to stress.
- Do not clean chargers that are still connected to power outlets.
- The use of an extension cord while charging is not recommended unless necessary.
- If you must use an extension cord, make sure that it has an adequate wire size. Additionally, when charging outside, make sure to use extension cords suitable for outdoors.
- Plug the charger into the outlet before inserting the battery.
- Do not store the jacket in places where children can reach them.
- Store the jacket in a cool and dry place. Avoid placing it in direct sunlight, or a room that is too hot or too cold. Avoid storing in locations where the temperature may reach 105 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you are storing for a long period of time, it is recommended to fully charge the battery. However, it should not be attached to the jacket when not in use.
How Long Will The Jacket Heat For?
It is important to know how long the jacket can keep you warm. This jacket's runtime depends on the battery's condition and capacity. For a DCB185 5.0AH battery pack, the jacket will keep you warm up to 25 hours.
Can The Heated Jacket Be Used When It's Raining?
It was mentioned earlier that the electrical components of the jacket should be kept dry. You can use jackets which are waterproof, such as DCJ069, when it is raining.
However, you need to be cautious not to wet the lining of the battery pouch. DeWalt Heated Jacket DCJ067 is not waterproof and should not be used in the rain.
Can You Charge Your Phone In The Adapter While It Is Heating The Jacket?
For models DCJ069 and DCJ067, you can charge your phone in the adapter while it is heating the jacket. However, keep in mind that the phone will use up energy from the battery. Therefore, the heated jacket runtime will be shortened.
Moreover, you should not charge when there is a chance for you to get rained on.
Is A Heated Jacket Worth it?
There are a lot of benefits you can get if you purchase a heated jacket. However, to say it is worth it, you should consider when and why you need it.
A heated jacket is a must and a good investment if you frequently work outdoors. This is suitable in areas where it is often cold. This will also be beneficial to you if you often go camping, hiking, fishing, or hunting, or if you do activities that require you to be outside for an extended period of time.
People who have upper-body injuries can benefit from a heated jacket too. This helps muscles relax which aids in recovery. Those who are prone to cold should also get a heated jacket so they stay warm.
A heated jacket provides the layers that you need. With just a push of a button, you'll feel warmer than you could hope with other garments.
Washing is essential for all garments. A heated jacket is not an exemption. However, keep in mind that washing this jacket requires extra care to make sure that the electrical components won't be damaged.
Take note that a DeWalt Heated Jacket should be hand washed and not machine washed using commercial liquid soap. This jacket should not be dry-cleaned too.
In this post, the details of cleaning this jacket was discussed along with safety precautions you should know.
If you found this post informative, please check out these other articles: