Yamaha golf carts top many lists for the best ride in a classy cabin. To keep your Yamaha golf cart in tip-top shape, you will need to know your Yamaha golf cart's model number. We researched this to help you know exactly where to look.
Below is the list of where to find the model number on your Yamaha golf cart.
The model number, which Yamaha calls its Primary Identification Number [PID], can be found according to the golf cart's model type.
Here are the best places to begin your search for the model number:
- 1979-1993 - Under the rear chassis or in the engine compartment
- 1994-2009 - On the inside of the driver's side glove box
- 2007-2016 - Drive Fleet - On the outside of one of the side rear-wheel wells
- 2017-2022 - Drive2 Fleet - On the rear of the vehicle below the seat back
- 2009-2017 - Drive Concierge - On the rear of the vehicle below the seat back
- 2018-2022 - Drive2 Concierge 4 or 6 - On the rear of the vehicle below the seat back
Drive Adventurer Series
- 2013-2016 - Drive Adventurer Sport - On the outside of one of the rear-wheel wells
- 2017-2022 - Drive2 Adventurer Sport - On the rear of the vehicle below the seat back
- 2009-2018 - Drive Adventurer Two Electric - On the outside of one of the rear-wheel wells
- 2009-2018 - Drive Adventurer Two Gas - Below the passenger seat
- 2012-2016 - Driver Super Hauler - On the outside of one of the sides of the truck bed
- 2017-2022 - Drive2 Super Hauler - On the top of the truck bed near the seats
- 2017-2022 - U-MAX Rally - On the passenger side under the truck bed
- 2017-2022 - U-MAX Bistro - On the passenger side, toward the back of the compartment
Seeking the model number on a Yamaha golf cart may look complicated. Keep reading to see the best places to look for the model number and what information they contain.
I Don't Know the Yamaha Model
If you don't know what model Yamaha golf cart you have, here are the basics of where to look for the model number:
- On the outside of the rear wheel well
- Below the passenger seat
- In the rear on the back of the chassis underneath the bumper
- In the driver's side glove box on the inside wall
- On the front of the truck bed
The Yamaha G-Series Golf Carts
From 1979-2007, the only golf carts Yamaha made were in the G-Series. The golf carts sold as models:
- Fleet Classic
- Fleet Master
- Sun Classic
Finding the Model Number on Yamaha G-Series Golf Carts 1979-2001
You will find the model number in the early G-Series models from 1979-1995 on the rear chassis for the smaller models.
The heavier models have the model number in the engine compartment near the battery.
From 1993-2001 Yamaha put the model number for the smaller models in the driver's side glove box on the inside wall.
Finding the Model Number on Yamaha G-Series Golf Carts 1993-2009
Yamaha put the model number in the driver's side glove box for the smaller carts. These models are the G19E, G20A, G-21A, G-22A/E, G-23A/E, G-27A/E, and G-28A.
The Yamaha Drive Series Golf Carts
In 2007 Yamaha began producing the Drive Series of golf carts. The Drive Series of models include:
- 2007-2017 Drive Fleet PTV Gas
- 2007-2017 Drive Fleet PTV Ele [Electric]
- 2009-2017 Drive Concierge 4 Gas
- 2009-2017 Drive Concierge 4 Ele
- 2009-2017 Drive Concierge 6 Gas
- 2009-2017 Drive Concierge 6 Ele
- 2013-2017 Drive Adventurer 2 + 2 Gas
- 2013-2017 Drive Adventurer 2 + 2 Ele
The Yamaha Drive2 Series Golf Carts
Yamaha improved the gas and electric engine choices for the 2018 models. These new design golf carts were given the Drive2 model name. These models include:
- 2018-2022 Drive2 Fleet/PTV Gas
- 2018-2022 Drive2 Fleet/PTV Ele
- 2018-2022 Drive2 Concierge 4 Gas
- 2018-2022 Drive2 Concierge 4 Ele
- 2018-2022 Drive2 Concierge 6 Gas
- 2018-2022 Drive2 Concierge 6 Ele
- 2018-2022 Drive2 Adventurer 2 + 2 Gas
- 2018-2022 Drive2 Adventurer 2 + 2 Ele
Finding the Model Number on Yamaha Drive Series Golf Carts
You will find the model number for the Yamaha Drive Fleet, Fleet2 [2019-2022], and Concierge golf carts on the rear of the vehicle below the seat back. Both Drive Adventurer golf carts have the model number on the rear wheel well.
The Yamaha Adventurer Series Golf Carts
Beginning in 2009, Yamaha came out with their Adventurer golf carts for commercial use. The Adventurer models include:
- 2009-2022 Adventurer One Gas
- 2009-2022 Adventurer One Ele
- 2009-2022 Adventurer Sport Gas
- 2009-2022 Adventurer Sport Ele
- 2018-2022 Adventurer Super Hauler
Finding the Model Number on Yamaha Adventurer Series Golf Carts
The Adventurer Series golf carts are designed for golf course fleets. You can find the model number on the rear-wheel well. These carts can be ordered with Standard or Front-Touring Seats and/or rear-facing back seats.
What Does the Yamaha Golf Cart Model Number Mean?
The model number describes the type of Yamaha golf cart. The PID or serial number identifies the specific Yamaha golf cart.
Every cart has a unique PID. This number gives the model, the year, and other specific information for that cart.
What is the Model Number?
You will find that most PIDs are three letters and numerals followed by a dash and by six numerals. The first three digits are called the prefix. The next six digits are the 6-digit production number.
What Does the Model Number Mean?
The prefix tells you what model and series you have. Yamaha used a different prefix for every design change.
Even the slightest change in a headlight design will bring a new prefix to that model. Each engine, chassis, cart body, and design change will mean Yamaha uses a new prefix.
What Does the 6-digit Production Number Mean?
The 6-digit production number on a Yamaha golf cart identifies the cart's production year, warranty status, and other design details. Here is Yamaha's list of what the prefix codes and production numbers mean.
How Do I Know What Year My Yamaha Golf Cart Is?
First, find the PID or model number. Second, look at the first four digits, after the three-digit prefix, which are the codes for the year the cart was produced. These four digits are not the actual year but a code for that year.
What Golf Carts Does Yamaha Make Today?
In 2022, Yamaha sells 11 models of golf carts. The models are designed for Personal use, golf courses, and commercial purposes.
The personal use and golf course models are nearly identical. They differ in features you can add to your model.
What are the 2022 Yamaha Personal Use Golf Cart Models?
The Yamaha Personal Use golf carts include the Drive2, Adventurer Sport 2 + 2, Drive2 Concierge 4, and 6 models. You can order each of them in gas or electric models.
You can customize the engine power, type of wheels, seats, gauges, audio, and lighting options. New models come with USB ports for charging cell phones.
What are the Yamaha Golf Course Golf Cart Models?
Golf courses can fill their fleet with the Drive2, Drive2 Concierge 4, and 6 golf carts. You can customize these carts by color, engine type, and more.
What are the Yamaha Commercial Cart Models for 2022?
Yamaha sells some of its golf cart models to commercial customers. They sell the Adventurer Sport 2 + 2, the Adventurer Super Hauler, the Drive2 Concierge 4, and 6 models for commercial uses.
Commercial customers can order these carts with either an Electronic Fuel Injector gas motor or a 48-volt AC electric motor.
How Fast Does a Yamaha Golf Cart Go?
The 2022 Yamaha Drive2 golf carts have a top speed of 19.0 mph/31.0 kph.
The 2022 Adventurer golf carts have a top speed of 14.9 mph/24 kph. The Adventurer carts have a higher wheelbase which can be used for off-road camping or hunting uses.
How Do I Maintain my Yamaha Golf Cart?
Yamaha golf carts, like any vehicle, require regular maintenance. For gas models, regular oil changes make all the difference. For electric models, make sure you have a professional mechanic inspect the engine each year.
How Do I Find the Value of My Yamaha Golf Cart?
You will need to be objective with your golf cart as you research its make, model, production year, and the condition of the body and seats. You will need to know the type of engine [gas or electric]. On the electric model, what is the age of the batteries?
Can You Drive a Golf Cart on Public Roads?
You may be able to drive a golf cart on a public road. You must check with your local public safety.
Many communities have rules about driving golf carts on public roads. These can involve safety equipment like headlights on your golf cart.
You can now find the model number of your Yamaha golf cart. Knowing the model number will make regular maintenance easier as you will be able to find the right replacement parts.
You can also use the model number to find the range for buying or selling a used cart.
Here are some articles on improving your garage for parking your Yamaha golf cart: